La Gazette 2022

La Gazette 2022

4/5 Vivino Rating

Grapes: Syrah, Grenache & Carignan
Alcohol: 15% abv
Type: Dry Red
Vintage: 2022
Format: 75cl
Classification: AOP Ventoux
Region: Vallée du Rhône
Country: France





The other wine to be made by the Domaine back in 2014 even before it was inaugurated. A blend of  50% Syrah, 25% Grenache & 25% Carignan with a stainless steel fermentation & 20% of the blend aged in oak barrels with the remaining 80% in concrete vats for a year before bottling. Garnet colour on appearance with a nose full of red & black fruit, spices & light oak. Fresh on the palate with more spice & red fruits with fine tannins and a robust structure. Ideal marriage with red meats such as spicy lamb dishes of lamb & duck.


The Southern Rhône Valley is a renowned wine region located in the southeastern part of France. It is one of the most important wine-producing areas in the country and is famous for its diverse range of high-quality wines. The region stretches along the course of the Rhône River, covering several departments in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes regions.

AOP Ventoux, also known as Côtes du Ventoux, is an Appellation d’Origine Protégée (AOP) in the Southern Rhône Valley wine region of France. It is named after the iconic Mont Ventoux, a prominent mountain in the area, which has a significant influence on the local climate and terroir. The AOP Ventoux is specifically designated for wines produced in the Ventoux appellation, which covers vineyards in parts of the Vaucluse department.

Climate & Terroir

The region experiences a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters. The proximity to the Mont Ventoux and the Mistral wind influence the local climate, helping to cool down the vineyards during the warm growing season and promote a healthy environment for the grapevines.

The AOP Ventoux vineyards benefit from diverse terroirs, with soils ranging from limestone, clay, and marl to stony terrains. The varying soil compositions, altitudes, and exposures contribute to the complexity of the wines produced in the region.

AOP Ventoux has gained recognition for producing quality wines, and it offers a more affordable alternative to some of the neighboring prestigious appellations in the Southern Rhône Valley. The wines of AOP Ventoux are known for their approachable nature, making them enjoyable both as everyday sippers and for special occasions.

Ideal drinking temperature 15°C.

Syrah - Grenache - Carignan - Paparazzi - Domaine des Peyre - Holy Wines - Rhone Valley - Buy French Wines in Malta - Ventoux - Red Wine - France - Malta Online Wine Store

Download Product Information